1. Let’s start with Steve Carell. Isn’t it exciting to see Michael Scott / the 40-year-old virgin nominated for an Oscar? Did you know he never won an Emmy for The Office? He was nominated 6 times for his work on the show!
2. For the third year in a row, Bradley Cooper finds himself in this category. Could he be the surprise winner of the night?
3. Despite a long successful career, this is Michael Keaton‘s first nomination. Many experts expect him to win, but they’re not as confident as with other categories.
4. We have two British actors competing in this group. Benedict Cumberbatch, best know for Sherlock and the most recent Star Trek film, is also nominated for the first time.
5. The experts say Eddie Redmayne is the other front runner besides Keaton. Even with his movie Jupiter Ascending bombing at the box office, he could repeat his recent SAG award victory in this category.
Who do you want to win and who do you think will win? (I’m rooting for Batman/Beetlejuice to get it!)