5 GEEKY GOLDEN GLOBES CHARTS THAT WILL MAKE YOUR HEAD “EXPLODE”
Friday, Jan 9, 2015
By Joaquin Ferreira
And by explode, we mean, you might find these charts slightly amusing and wonder how we find the time to look all this stuff up. You’re welcome!
1. It was a bad year for Angelina Jolie. She was even nominated for the widely panned The Tourist a few years ago, but got no love this year. However, it was a great year for everyone around her…
2. Once again, the best predictor of a Golden Globe nomination is a previous nomination. Out of 30 Film acting categories, only 8 are newbies…
3. There are 2 Hulks in the Film Supporting Actor category! And 1 BATMAN in the Lead Comedy Actor category.
4. Meryl Streep has been nominated 29 times and she has won 8 Golden Globes… Since her first nomination in 1979, there have only been 12 years she was not a nominee!
5. It was not a great year for people of color in the film acting categories, only 2 out of the 30 nominations went to black performers…
If Claire Danes loses this Sunday, it will be her first time NOT winning a Globe when she’s nominated. She has 4 of them, one for every time she was ever nominated! She has never experienced having to fake happiness for a fellow actress. She’s such a good actress that she’ll probably be amazing at it!
On the other hand, Kevin Spacey has been nominated 7 times before, and he has never won one even though he has 2 Oscars! Is this his year?
I hope you find all this info really useful! Make sure you check back with us for more priceless analysis of the Golden Globes. We might not help you predict the winners, but we… you know… taught you stuff you might have fun repeating at your GG viewing party this weekend, or during the Dallas/Green Bay game? I’m sure everyone there will be very interested.