Cookie ruled, Naomi Campbell got schooled, Hakeem and Jamal dueled and Courtney Love drooled, all that and more on this week’s killer episode of EMPIRE.
1. “You gotta have sex to make a baby, Lucious.” – Cookie (Taraji P. Henson) on why she thinks Jamal can’t be the father of his ex-wife’s baby. Sometimes a man’s gotta do what a man doesn’t want to do.
2. “You don’t love me. I love you. You’re in love with your music. You don’t have room for anyone else.” – Dora aka Michael (Rafael de la Fuente) as he breaks up with Jamal (Jussie Smollett) . Too bad he’s so whiny, cause he sho iz cute! Adios, papi!
3. “Bae? What is a bae?” – Naomi Campbell aka Camilla to Hakeem (Bryshere Y. Gray) while serving MAYJAH face as she learns what the kids are saying’ these days. You bettah werk … and hide them cell phones!
4. “Hakeem, listen to your mother. A very wise woman.” – Lucious (Terrence Howard) putting his sons in check during their tumultuous rehearsal. Preach!
6. “I’ve been around Empire so long I’m on CP time.” – Elle Dallas (Courtney Love) taking liberties by running her mouth upon arriving late to her rehearsal. Say what you will, but the beyatch can still sang!
7. “I’m not sorry he’s gone. I am sorry that you’re not happy.” Lucious to Jamal after he found out Michael broke up with him. As feeble as it may be, this is the closest Lucious has come to accepting his son. Baby steps!
8. Anika (Grace Gealey) keeps it old school and drugs Elle before she’s set to perform for the investors . That girl is poison!
9. Girl down! Elle fails to remain upright and returns to her natural habitat – the bathroom floor- all while getting the stank eye from Aaliyah. Dallas, we have a problem!
10. Game on! Jamal and Hakeem work their brotherly love with a hip-hop cover of Dire Straits “Money for Nothing.” That’s the way you do it … minus the 1985 hit’s homophobic lyric. (Google it, boo boos).
11. “Lucious’ music took the street mainstream and made the mainstream feel street.” Move over Hillary, because with a speech like that, Cookie has our vote in 2016.
12. “I love you, Cookie.” – Lucious has a Freudian slip following Cookie’s rousing moment at the podium. Anika have another seat!
13. Team Lyon! Lucious brings Jamal and Hakeem together after telling them he has ALS. Blood really is thicker than water … or album sales.
14. Ring the alarm, because Andre (Trai Byers) has lost his damn mind. Get it together, gurl!
15. “You never stopped doing it for me.” Lucious and Cookie are reunited and it feels so good! It’s Fifty Shades of … Hey Boo Boo Kitty!