With lesbian hook-ups, over the top wedding proposals, shootouts and enough Cookie Lyon (Taraji P. Henson) one-liners to fill an entire animal print Louis Vuitton trunk, it’s no wonder “Empire” has turned into an unstoppable ratings powerhouse.
Check out 12 of the most amazingly ridiculous moments from this week’s episode of the FOX hit.
1. R&B princess Tiana and her “side piece” India indulged in a little sapphic duet all before the opening credits. Sorry Hakeem, but your bae kissed a girl and she liked it!
2. Lucious (Terrence Howard) popped the question to Boo Boo Kitty aka Anika and proved that unless you have Anthony Hamilton on piano and an 18 karat engagement ring, your wedding proposal is just plain old ratchet.
3. “The name’s Cookie, ask about me.” – Ms. Lyon making the situation crystal clear to the engineer of Jamal’s “ghetto” recording studio.
4. What’s the 411? That it’s all about Cookie in her fierce blonde Mary J. ‘90s flashback weave!
5. “Dead bitch walking. That’s me out here right now.” – A freaked out Cookie to the FBI agent after having testified against her former drug dealer. Being scared for your life was never this flawless!
6. Roar! Now we know who was really responsible for Katy Perry’s Super Bowl dress … the lampshade in Jamal’s studio!
7. “And what you mean by ‘you people?’ You black like me.” – Cookie reading her non-white cab driver for his offensive remark. Can you hear me now?
8. “Look you got a side piece too.” – Tiana setting the record, er, straight after Jamal finds out about her girlfriend. Hey, sista girl!
9. “Girl please, your kids ain’t real, they rich.” – Cookie’s sister Carol starts a new tag line while throwing shade and being unbothered by her sibling’s latest troubles.
10. “You use to run for me back in the day, so you liable to find a rose on your little raggedy porch too.” – Cookie keeps it real while warning her sister to watch her back from the drug dealer’s hit man. A trip to Bed, Bath and Beyond may also be in Carol’s future.
11. “Alright little girl, I don’t judge, but you’re a freak. That’s a good thing. We can sell that.” – Cookie acting like a boss to Tiana after finding out her lesbian affair has gone viral.
12. “You always come to me for advice, I’m gonna give you some: Don’t ever underestimate me little brother.” – Jamal showing Hakeem who’s the real man as he makes him drip drop to the floor with a punch to the gut.