JOHN TURTURRO KNOWS THE PRICE OF AWARDS!August 31, 2017
“Can’t be sure yet that I’ll win. I don’t respect any honorarium before anything happens because I don’t want to be disappointed. But I will say I’ve watched the series every week at home with my family.”
But when it came to his past awards… not so much.
“My wife likes to put my awards next to a table with her orchids. But I keep them in my office. I use them as doorstops.
While John Turturro has probably won more awards than listed below, his most recognizable are the following:
- Obie Award for Performance for Danny and the Deep Blue Sea in 1985
- Gotham Independent Film Tribute Award in 1991
- Cannes Best Actor Award for Barton Fink in 1991
- David di Donatello Best Foreign Actor for Barton Fink in 1992
- Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series for Monk in 2004
That’s either five doorstops or centerpieces to stand alongside some orchids!
However, you may feel some sympathy for John Turturro when you hear this. When you win an Emmy, you have to pay up! With shipping, engraving and a golden statue, it comes out to about $500. Would you pay up if you won?